National Disability Insurance Scheme
Fully Subsidised Hearing Services for Pensioners, Veterans and NDIS Participants
Hear Check provides hearing services to many of our adult patients utilising the two public funding schemes for adult hearing services in Australia – The Hearing Services Program and the NDIS.
The Hearing Services Program
- You hold a Pensioner Concession Card
- You receive Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
- You hold a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions
- You hold a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss
- You are the dependent of a person in one of the above categories
- You are a member of the Australian Defence Force or
- You are part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services (DES) – Disability Management Service and you are referred by your Disability Employment Services case manager.
NDIS & Hearing Services
Participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme may also access funded hearing services through the program if referred by the National Disability Insurance Agency Planner. This may grant eligibility for a Hearing Services Voucher or provide funding for additional hearing support and assistive technology.
The NDIS also funds hearing support for NDIS participants aged 26 and over who are not eligible for the Hearing Services Program. Hear Check’s Audiologists can walk NDIS potential participants through the process for applying for access to NDIS. Funds via NDIS will include access to hearing assessments, monitoring, hearing aids (including batteries and maintenance), assistive technology, and auditory rehabilitation.